17 August 2011

Get back to work!


I went back to work as soon as I could following my injury and amputation. It was helpful for me to have something other than my physical rehab to focus on. Because the work I do is primarily intellectual, such as research, analysis and writing, my schedule can be flexible. As long as I have a laptop and high speed internet access, I can work from home -- which was very convenient at the time since my mobility was limited. 
How does work fit into your life? Did you return to your previous job? Have you been out of work for a long time? Were your capabilities changed so much as a result of your amputation that you can't do work that you did before? Or did you ultimately return to the same tasks and career path? 
Please -- share your experiences. I look forward to hearing how you've gotten back to work.
POSTED ON AMPUTEE EMPOWERMENT PARTNERS 17 AUG 2011, 10:25 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment